9/10/2014

COGPICKS (10.09.2014-16.09.2014)



COGPICKS is my pull-list of newly published comics that I am going to read. It is just a small recommendation list, accompanied with comments about different stuff, which comes out this week.
Today the “Kate Bishop in LA” line from “Hawkguy” ends. That means that we (probably) won’t see any more Annie Wu’s fantastic art on the book. I wonder if she has new projects on the way - I would look into them, that’s for sure.
“Captain Victory and the Galactica Rangers” is a tribute to Jack Kirby by Joe Casey and Nathan Fox, and it looks like an interesting one. And Michel Fiffe draws some pages from #2, which is awesome news! Speaking of Fiffe, I am still willing to follow his “All-New Ultimates” until its cancellation, despite that is definitely not a decent read. It won’t be that long, I guess.
Another artist, which I admire, is Jake Lawrence - his art is simple and bright. As far as I know, today’s “Teen Dog” is his first published work. Which is a big step for Jake, and a great book for us, readers. No doubt, it is going to be awesome.
“Annihilator” by great duo of Grant Morrison and Frazer Irving is coming out today.
Talented David Hine and Fabrice Sapolsky returns to writing one of my favourite versions of Spider-Man, Spider-Man Noir. Holy crap, the original series was thrilling. Might want to re-read that. Carmine Di Giandomenico is replaced by Richard Isanove, which I have no problem whatsoever - Isanove’s art is gorgeous. Overall, the tie-ins like “Edge of Spider-Verse” look interesting, though the general idea of “Spider-Verse” is dull and dumb.
Greg Rucka starts another “Stumptown” volume, without Matt Southworth this time. I’ll get to it when it will be published completely.
Other comics, that I am going to pick up this week: Ms. Marvel #8, Magneto #9, Amazing Spider-Man #6, Spread #3, Invincible #114 (I need to get away from this retarded book)
What comics are you waiting for today? 

   
  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment