9/03/2014

COGPICKS (03.09.2014-09.09.2014)



Our regular readers will recognise this column. Previously called Wednesday Pull-List, COGPICKS is a list of newly published comics that I am going to read. It is just my small recommendation list, accompanied with comments about different stuff, which comes out this week.

This is the first week of September, which means, that DC Comics traditionally starts putting out numerous tie-ins with 3-D motion covers to another crappy event. It is called “Futures End”, you know. So, today’s ongoing series, such as Green Lantern or Swamp Thing have “cool” 3-D motion cover and even some plot, I guess. I am only interested in Green Arrow Futures End #1, which is the end of Jeff Lemire’s and Andrea Sorrentino’s fantastic run on the book. Though I still guess, it is going to suck, because of its direct connection to the “Futures End”. We’ll see.

Warren Ellis and Declan Shalvey off the “Moon Knight”, Brian Wood and Greg Smallwood in. I am going to follow this ongoing nevertheless, because I like Moon Knight as a character. Also I’ve seen Smallwood’s pages and they look awesome. Even if Wood’s writing would be poor (he has equal amount of works that I like and dislike), the art would be pleasant to look at.

Aside from those, there are new issues of my favourite comic books right now - The Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Iron Fist - The Living Weapon, She-Hulk, Southern Bastards. I will also check the conclusion of “Original Sin”, though the series itself is boring and slowly paced.

Also, out this week: Death of Wolverine #1, Detective Comics Futures End #1, Usagi Yojimbo Senso #2, All-New Doop #5, Rocket Raccoon #3

Here goes our usual question. What comics are you waiting for today? 

   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment